Complete drink recipe for Cognac 🍾 based cocktail 🥃 is mixed with 6 extra ingredients 🍾: Orange Liqueur, Lemon juice, Orgeat Syrup, Currant Berries, Red Wine, Redcurrant in Rocks glass
If you are going to order New York Sour in a bar, don’t forget to mention all the ingredients to the bartender. New York Sour can be served with different ingredients in different places.
New York Sour Ingredients
- 1-1/2 oz Cognac
- 1/2 oz Orange Liqueur
- 3/4 oz Lemon juice
- 1/2 oz Orgeat Syrup
- - for Currant Berries
- - to Red Wine
- garnish Redcurrant
New York Sour Equipment
- shaker with strainer - get rid of large pieces of ingredients (ex: fruit parts, seeds)
- juicer, squeezer manual or automatic - if you mind using fresh juice
New York Sour Recipe
- consider making fresh Lemon juice you can press fruit yourself (be careful - fresh juice stays good only 12 hours)
- fill a shaker halfway with ice cubes
- shake till perfectly chilled
- serve in Rocks glass full with ice cubes
- top up with Red Wine
- if preferred, serve with a Redcurrant as a garnish
Recommend: serve in Rocks glassIt's also called a "lowball", "whiskey" or "old-fashioned" glass. The bottom of old-fashioned glass is thick. Rocks glasses carry between 6 and 8 ounces.
Cheers ! Enjoy your drink !