Get ready to experience a flavorful twist with our Bhang Lassi recipe! Made with premium ingredients like Vodka Hemp Humboldt Finest, yoghurt, buffalo milk, and Hemp MJM water, this drink is perfect for those who love to experiment. Shake up the ingredients in a shaker with a strainer, pour it into a highball glass filled with ice, and enjoy the perfect blend of flavors!
Bhang Lassi Ingredients
Bhang Lassi Equipment
- shaker with strainer - get rid of large pieces of ingredients (ex: fruit parts, seeds)
Bhang Lassi Recipe
- fill a shaker halfway with ice cubes to cool the ingredients properly
- shake till perfectly chilled
- fill Highball glass full with ice
Recommend: serve in Highball glassThe highball (or hi-ball) and collins glasses have a lot in common. They can both be used for tall beverages and hold the same amount of liquid, which can range from 8 to 16 ounces.
The Bhang Lassi: A Delicious and Unique Drink
If you're looking for a unique and delicious drink to try, look no further than the Bhang Lassi. This drink has a fascinating history and is enjoyed in many parts of the world. As a professional bartender, I can attest to its popularity and versatility. In this article, we'll explore the history and popularity of the Bhang Lassi, go over its ingredients and garnishing techniques, offer some variations, and discuss common mistakes to avoid when making it.
The Bhang Lassi has been enjoyed for centuries in India during the Holi festival, a Hindu celebration of spring and love. It's believed to have originated during the Mughal Empire, which ruled India from the early 16th to the mid-19th century. The drink is made with bhang, a paste made from the leaves and flowers of the cannabis plant. The drink is also popular in other parts of the world, especially in countries where cannabis is legal.
The Bhang Lassi is famous for its unique taste and its ability to produce a mild euphoria. It's a creamy and refreshing drink that's perfect for a hot day. The drink is usually served in a tall glass and garnished with fresh fruit or herbs. Its appearance is as unique as its taste, with a pale green color and a frothy texture.
The Bhang Lassi is made with a few essential ingredients, each with its own role in the drink. Here is a breakdown of the ingredients and their roles:
- Bhang: The star ingredient, bhang is a paste made from the leaves and flowers of the cannabis plant. Bhang is usually made by grinding the leaves and flowers into a fine powder and mixing it with water or milk to form a paste. The paste is then added to the drink to give it its unique flavor and effects. In the United States, it's important to note that cannabis is not legal in all states. If you're looking to make a non-alcoholic version of this drink, consider using CBD oil or THC-free hemp extract.
- Vodka: The vodka adds a kick to the drink and helps to balance out the sweetness of the other ingredients. If you're looking to make a non-alcoholic version of this drink, consider using a non-alcoholic spirit like Seedlip.
- Yoghurt: The yoghurt gives the drink its creamy texture and adds a tangy flavor.
- Buffalo Milk: Buffalo milk is rich and creamy, adding to the overall creaminess of the drink.
- Water: Water is used to thin out the drink and make it easier to drink.
- Ice: Ice is added to the drink to chill it and give it a frothy texture.
How to Garnish
The Bhang Lassi is usually garnished with fresh fruit or herbs. Here are a few ideas for garnishing your drink:
- Mint leaves: Mint leaves add a refreshing flavor to the drink and complement the flavors of the other ingredients.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are a classic garnish for the Bhang Lassi. They add a sweet, fruity flavor to the drink and look beautiful on top.
- Pineapple chunks: Pineapple chunks add a tropical twist to the drink and complement the flavors of the other ingredients.
- Lemon or lime wedges: Lemon or lime wedges add a citrusy flavor to the drink and help to balance out the sweetness of the other ingredients.
To garnish your Bhang Lassi, simply place your chosen garnish on top of the drink before serving.
The Bhang Lassi is a versatile drink that can be adapted to suit different tastes and dietary needs. Here are a few variations to try:
- Virgin/Mocktail Version: To make a non-alcoholic version of the Bhang Lassi, simply omit the vodka and use a non-alcoholic spirit like Seedlip instead. You can also replace the bhang with CBD oil or THC-free hemp extract.
- Gluten-Free Version: The Bhang Lassi is naturally gluten-free, so no modifications are needed.
- Vegan Version: To make a vegan version of the Bhang Lassi, simply replace the buffalo milk with a non-dairy milk like almond or soy milk.
- Keto Version: To make a keto-friendly version of the Bhang Lassi, replace the yoghurt with unsweetened coconut yoghurt and use a low-carb sweetener like stevia instead of sugar.
- Low-Calorie Version: To make a low-calorie version of the Bhang Lassi, use low-fat yoghurt and reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe. You can also omit the buffalo milk and use water or a non-dairy milk instead.
- More Variations: Other variations to try include adding different fruits or spices to the drink, using different types of milk or yoghurt, or experimenting with different sweeteners.
When making the Bhang Lassi, there are a few common mistakes to avoid. Here are some tips to help you make the perfect drink:
- Using too much bhang: Bhang is a powerful ingredient, so it's important to use it in moderation. Adding too much bhang can result in an unpleasant taste and a stronger high than intended.
- Using the wrong type of milk: Buffalo milk is the traditional milk used in the Bhang Lassi, but you can use other types of milk if you prefer. However, be aware that using a milk with a lower fat content can result in a thinner and less creamy drink.
- Forgetting to strain the drink: It's important to strain the drink before serving to remove any large pieces of ingredients that may be left in the drink. This will ensure a smooth and frothy texture.
- Not garnishing the drink: The garnish is an important part of the Bhang Lassi, so don't forget to add it before serving. The garnish adds flavor and visual appeal to the drink.
Overall, the Bhang Lassi is a unique and delicious drink that's worth trying. Whether you're looking for a refreshing summer drink or a way to celebrate the Holi festival, the Bhang Lassi is sure to impress. Remember to use bhang in moderation, strain the drink before serving, and experiment with different garnishes and variations to find your perfect drink.
If you are going to order Bhang Lassi in a bar, don’t forget to mention all the ingredients to the bartender. Bhang Lassi can be served with different ingredients in different places.